...Thank you for dropping by my blogsite. Share your story as I share mine. Godbless! :-)

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Eurasian Collared Doves





Few weeks before my birthday last year, a tricycle driver gave us one Black Collared Dove. He said that he saw it on the side of the road, unable to fly so he kept it. My mom actually asked the tricycle driver to give it to me instead because we have 2 pairs of parakeets as pets.

At first, I was hesitant because I thought they were like lovebirds, that if they don't have a partner, they'll soon die. But you know what? I'm really thankful that it survived until February this year. Just last week, another tricycle driver gave us 3, so now I have 2 pairs of Black Collared Doves. Additionally, he gave their cage for free. He said that he was a bit tired of buying them food, that's why he gave them to us. Little did he know that one of the doves was about to lay an egg. Two days ago, I saw an egg at the bottom of the cage. Though it's cracked, I felt excited because I knew, after few days, it will lay an egg again.

As I woke up today, I checked on them, and I was right, there was another egg. I'm hoping that it will hatch, because I love their cooing especially before I sleep. They really relaxes my mind as I fall asleep. Happy hatching! PEACE! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...